Firmware 1.1.3 has made the iPhone and iPod touch more useful and fun than ever and...
Here are a few things I really want to see on the iPhone and iPod touch now that I'm back to the straight and narrow:
1. Notes syncing both ways. I need to be able to store information for reference on my iPhone or iPod touch without a hassle or hack. I wanted to put As We May Think by Vannevar Bush on their, for example.
2. A wireless keyboard. I want to be able to do what Palm users and I as one of those Palm users have done. Bring one of those little foldup keyboards with you with an iPhone and be able to type long communications not just little stuff - a paragraph or two on the onscreen keyboard.
3. Cut, Copy and Paste. Please.
1. Lyrics. Ooh. Had fun tonight grabbing tons of lyrics quickly with the aid or donationware: GimmeSomeTune. You can get fancy and use Automator to go through your music collection but for now I just installed this little program and it went and got album cover art and lyrics for most songs in my collection one at a time. It will keep searching if it can't find something right away and fill it in when it finds it. Very cool.
2. Webclips. Yeah that's fun. Especially since you can fill up to 9 home pages with buttons now and rearrange according to your own preferences.
3. Upgraded Google Maps. The locate me function isn't working very accurately, I can drop pins for now which is easier than typing in address info as your starting place.
Apple really must be pushed to not have gotten more upgrades out for the iPhone by now. They do have a ton of plates in the air. In an interview in June, Steve said you can't just hire more people to get more done in response to questions about the delay of Leopard. I wonder if their past performance and stock price drives them. Actually I think it is the opportunity to change the world that can't be refused.